The regulations of EGMO 2022 can be found here (on the central EGMO webpage).
If the pandemic permits to organize it safely, and if at least 60% of the official European countries can travel to Hungary, the contest will be an officially on site contest. That is, all official European teams have to participate on site, both in the contest and the coordination process, in Eger. All teams participating online will become non-official participants, regardless if they are European or non-European countries. In particular, their Contestants’ scores are not taken into account when the limits of first, second and third prizes are calculated, and their leaders are not included in the Jury.
Covid rules can be found here.
Timeline for team leaders (more details can be found in the annual regulations):
- Pre-registration: until 5 November 2021. If you missed the deadline, please contact us at [email protected]
- Application for a reduced registration fee for countries in worse financial situation: until 15 January 2022
- Application of teams: until 15 February 2022 (via email: [email protected]), by providing the following information: (1) intended team size; (2) on site or online participation; (3) application of observers (for charge); (4) application for single rooms (for charge).
- Registration of participants at the central EGMO webpage will start on 1 February and ends on 1 March 2022 (registration includes travel details). Registration will be closed on 8 March. If anything changes after that, please let us know via email.
- Payment of the charge of participation (for non-European participants, observers, and for those whose application for a single room was accepted) is due by 20 March 2022
- Vaccination: all non-student participants (leaders, deputy leaders, observers and coordinators) are required to be vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, preferably at most 6 months before the start of EGMO, 6 April 2022. Please notice that the requirements of the Hungarian authorities for travelling to the country may include further measures of precaution due to the pandemic, and these requirements might change until April.
- Please visit the Consular Service website of Hungary for visa information (please notice that Hungary is within the Schengen Area).